Now more than ever, we as a community are facing trying times. Personal struggles are as unique as every member in our league, and we recognize the value in providing a plethora of resources to meet you where you are. You are not alone, and each one of these groups would be more than happy to hear from you. When in doubt, reach out!
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Crisis Text Line, Text “HELLO” to 741741
- The Trevor Project (under 25 years old), Text “START” to 678678
- TalkSpace: Connect to licensed therapists
- Youper: AI-based CBT assistance
- Woebot: AI-based CBT assistance
- National Crisis Talk Line, 800-273-8255
- LGBT National Help Center, 888-834-45644
- Samaritans 24-Hour Crisis Hotline, 212-673-3000
- The Trevor Project (under 25 years old), 866-488-7386
- DC Access Helpline, 800-407-5048
- Trans Lifeline, 877-565-8860
Peer Support Groups:
- Whitman Walker Health medical clients can call 202-745-7000 to speak with a Behavioral Health Specialist to discuss short-term therapy.
- Public Health Insurance Options (Medicare/Medicaid or no access to insurance)
- Wendt Center for Loss and Healing, 202-204-5021
- La Clinica Del Pueblo, 202-462-4788
- Private Insurance Options – The Find a Doctor tool on your insurance carrier’s website can provide you with options on clinicians in your coverage network.
If you are unsure how to navigate any of these resources, Jeff DiNardo has offered to be a confidential guide to connect you with the tools that are right for you. Reach out to him at email@example.com with any questions.
Virtual Yoga Sessions
Additionally, Patrick Herr (Events Director) is opening up his regular yoga practice to any member of Stonewall Kickball! Feel free to join with no commitment necessary. Come as you are, and perfect your downward dog!
Times: Tu/Th @ 7 pm and Sat/Sun @ 1 pm