Many in the LGBTQ+ community face the reality of living with a mental illness. Now more than ever, everyone needs to find ways to stay connected with the community. No one should feel alone or without the information, support, and help they need. The resources provided by nonprofit organizations below are provided as a guide to help our members understand the outlets available to them to assist with any mental health challenges. Stonewall Kickball DC encourages all members to seek help when they need it and to reach out to others in time of need.
If anyone is unsure how to navigate any of these resources, Jeff DiNardo has offered to be a confidential guide to connect members with the tools that are right for them. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Crisis Text Line, Text “HELLO” to 741741
- The Trevor Project (under 25 years old), Text “START” to 678678
Connect with licensed therapists as well as AI-based cognitive behavioral therapy.
- National Crisis Talk Line, 800-273-8255
- LGBT National Help Center, 888-834-45644
- Samaritans 24-Hour Crisis Hotline, 212-673-3000
- The Trevor Project (under 25 years old), 866-488-7386
- DC Access Helpline, 800-407-5048
- Trans Lifeline, 877-565-8860
Peer Support Groups
In-Person, Licensed Professionals
- Whitman Walker Health medical clients can call 202-745-7000 to speak with a Behavioral Health Specialist to discuss short-term therapy.
- Public Health Insurance Options (Medicare/Medicaid or no access to insurance)
- Wendt Center for Loss and Healing, 202-204-5021
- La Clinica Del Pueblo, 202-462-4788
- Private Insurance Options – The Find a Doctor tool on your insurance carrier’s website can provide you with options on clinicians in your coverage network.